- FIRST Road in the nation west of the Mississippi River to receive Federal Recognition was the Old Military located in Randolph County.
- FIRST Mail Route in Arkansas was along Old Military Road.
- FIRST Post Office in Arkansas was in Randolph County located at Old Davidsonville in 1817.
- FIRST Court House Building in Arkansas is located in Randolph County at Davidsonville in 1820.
- FIRST Land Office was located at Davidsonville in 1820 and located in Randolph County.
- FIRST Court in Arkansas was established on April of 1815, in Randolph County, at the home of Solomon Hewitt, located east of Spring River.
- FIRST Trial in Arkansas was held in Randolph County between Thomas Graves and James Haddock over hogs.
- FIRST Ferryboat in Arkansas was in Randolph County, known as Hix Ferry and began service around 1800.
- FIRST Baptist Church in Arkansas was built in Randolph County in 1818.
- FIRST School in Arkansas was held in a cave at Ravenden Springs in Randolph County prior to 1820.
- FIRST Mill in Arkansas (known as DeMunn Mill) was built near the mouth of Mill Creek in 1822.
- FIRST Masonic Lodge in Arkansas was built in Randolph County and located in Brakebill Community.
- FIRST – Oldest Standing Home in Arkansas remains in Randolph County. Built between 1827-1928.
- FIRST – Oldest Standing Business in Arkansas was used for a tavern and built around 1833. Located in Randolph County.
Randolph County’s “Firsts”
You are here: Home1 / Visitor Information Center2 / Randolph County’s “Firsts”
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!